Care & Guidance
Through Life's Journey
LONG-TERM CARE MEDICAID PLANNING
Medicaid planning is the practice of preserving assets and ensuring qualification for as much assistance as possible. Many people believe that only “low income” individuals can qualify for Medicaid so they spend all of their savings on long-term care before applying. Others believe that the best way to qualify is to “spend down” by giving away large sums of money and/or property to their loved ones. Planning does not need to involve “spending down” or “hiding assets”.
Elder Law of Omaha can advise you on the best way to spend down assets to legally preserve eligibility for benefits for you or your loved one. Our attorneys and public benefits planners have years of experience and have established relationships with all agencies that are involved in the Medicaid process.
AN EXPERIENCED MEDICAID PLANNING ATTORNEY CAN:
- Advise you on the best ways to preserve your assets during the qualification process
- Ensure that all transfers of assets follow all guidelines and laws in Nebraska and Iowa
- Prepare and submit your Medicaid application and communicate with them on your behalf throughout the entire application and approval process
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR ELDER LAW ATTORNEY:
With more Medicaid application submissions per year than any other firm in both Nebraska and Southwest Iowa, Elder Law of Omaha offers the most experienced Elder Law Attorneys in the state. We are dedicated to providing the most comprehensive Elder Law service in Nebraska, with people on staff who have previously worked for the Nebraska Medicaid Agency (DHHS).
We handle the entire process from start to finish for our clients; you will never have to contact DHHS or DHS yourself. We work to preserve your assets, take into account surviving spouses, and our staff complete and submit the application, including all follow-ups and verifications.
Our approval rate for submitted Medicaid applications is 100% when otherwise eligible. Not only will we work with you during the submission process, but we also include estate documents within the cost of the Medicaid application.
When choosing an Elder Law attorney, knowing the right questions to ask is an important part of that decision. The questions listed above are a good start, and any attorney should be able to answer them.
We care about our clients, and only want what’s best for our community. At Elder Law of Omaha, we provide caring guidance that can produce results every time.
If you have questions about Long-Term Care Medicaid Planning & Asset Preservation, please send us a message, and we will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
ELDER LAW OF OMAHA
- Most Experienced Elder Law Attorneys in Nebraska.
- ELO submits more Medicaid Applications for our clients per year than any other firm in Nebraska and Southwest Iowa.
- Extraordinary Service | Our Medicaid Planning Staff have all previously working for Nebraska Medicaid and fully understand the planning process.
- Full Service | You will never have to deal directly with the Nebraska Medicaid Agency (DHHS) or Iowa Medicaid Agency (DHS).
- Complete Service | We work to preserve your assets, and professional staff complete and submit the application, including all follow-ups and verifications.